Flywheel marks

bushwhacker

Hi all,

I have been reading up on fixing a snapped timing belt on a 200tdi. Maybe reading too much and confused myself. :wacko:

Are there 2 slots on the fly wheel or 1, I can see one through the bellhousing hole. If I take out no1 injector and put a screw driver in will this also tell me when no1 piston is at it,s highest and when I should be setting the tappets? I found I can not turn the crank pulley but could get the valves to open by turning the cam sprocket is this the right way to do it?

With the keyway on the crank at 12 and a screw driver in the ringgear will this lock the fly wheel ok?

Any help would be graetfuly appreciated. :wacko:

If you have the timing case off it is easy in that the crank key way is at 12 o'clock. Then the camshaft should be at the mark and the pin in the injector pump. I assume that your belt has broken so you should take off the front of the timing case.

Hi

I should have explained it a bit better. The timing belt has broken and some pushrods have bent. That is why I asked about the damage to the piston crowns.

I am now in the process of buildng it back up, new belt/pushrods. I am not going to take the head off is this wise or should I wip it off for a look?

Is there 1 or 2 slots in the flywheel? It would be good to know if I needed to set the tappets at a later date. And does this apply to all Land Rover flywheels. I have done a dumby run on the settings for the tappets and I was unable to turn the crank over to lift the valves I could how ever lift them with the cam pulley.

I have managed a clutch change in my 110 with the help of this forum.

Thank,s