tuning td6

pinzi

As my daily driver i have a range td6 (2005mod) and was wondering what the poss.and neg. are in tuning(chipping) the engiene-ECU,,? :unsure:

My 54 plate td6 has been chipped from new, (Vann arken from memory)... gives much more power across the range, and if anything slightly better mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,little response on this item...just wondering what's best,chip-tuning,new software,black(tuning box) and what about the gearbox???can it handle it...drive train...They told me it's basicly an x5 and has no problems what so ever,others tell me to be carreful on the gearbox-drivetrain.I want to do this becouse i'm trailing some heavy loads(pinzgauers,volvo c303 on a trailer) and have the feeling the range can use some more torc and power? <_<

Hello,little response on this item...just wondering what's best,chip-tuning,new software,black(tuning box) and what about the gearbox???can it handle it...drive train...They told me it's basicly an x5 and has no problems what so ever,others tell me to be carreful on the gearbox-drivetrain.I want to do this becouse i'm trailing some heavy loads(pinzgauers,volvo c303 on a trailer) and have the feeling the range can use some more torc and power? <_<

I had my DT5 Disco remapped, I would keep well away from chips/black boxes. I think they just fool the ECU and for the best results I would say a remap is far better, it can be adjusted to your driving style and the roads you drive on. After my remap, I found that it pulls away MUCH better, MUCH more low down grunt and now I have started lifting my right foot I find I get better MPG at the same kind of speed I was doing before the remap.

I guy down the road has a D3 that he bought a "Black Box" for of Ebay, MPG has gone through the roof, something like 8 or 10 MPG worse off. He was talking to someone on one of the forums that also has a D3 and had it remapped and he found he got about the same MPG as before but Pulls away faster and much more pulling power lower down.

Am sure that others here will agree that a remap is much better and as far as the gearbox goes, I dont think you need to worry but I'm no expert.

The only person I would go to is Jeremy J. Fearn.

He actually invested in an engine and has run it on a dynonometer in real life

to get realworld results. The other reason I would use him is because he tunes

the whole of the fuel/ air system.

To me just adding a 'blackbox' doesn't make sense, as these typically just add more fuel.

Jeremy J Fearn

And if you notice from his site he doesn't offer a simple chip upgrade for the RR.