white smoke

crazyfarmerboy

hello i have just fitted a gearbox to my 110 and now i am faced with puffing white smoke from the engine. i thoguht it would stop when warmed up. however it still seems to puff when warmed up. any ideas? it is an origional land rover turbo.

thanks

smoking from exaust, was smoking before gearbox was fitted. cheers

The fuel has been in the tank for a year. could this effect it? thank you

It is not constant smoke, just puffing when on tick over and some when reving hard. hope this helps

another point is it failed an MOT on excessive smoke. It then passed with a doccument showing it passing a smoke analysis test. it looks like the injectors have been looked at as there is a new seal around them and around the fuel pump.

could it be from being sat for a year? cheers

So the facts are ??

Was it smoking before you fitted the gearbox ?

Where is it smoking from Ie; Filler cap , exhaust ?

If its from the exhaust and you never had this problem before fitting the box ,you may well of disturbed a fuel pipe connector and it may be drawing air which will cause white smoke and lacking in power no doubt

So the facts are ??

Was it smoking before you fitted the gearbox ?

Where is it smoking from Ie; Filler cap , exhaust ?

If its from the exhaust and you never had this problem before fitting the box ,you may well of disturbed a fuel pipe connector and it may be drawing air which will cause white smoke and lacking in power no doubt

it was already smoking before the gearbox was fitted. sorry forgot to mention. the fuel has also been in the tank for a year. may this have an effect? cheers

Question

Smoking all the time or when it's under load or backing off??

Mine used to do this till it went bang. The cyliderhead had cracks inbetween every valve not uncommon apparentaly. problem occored with mine when it dropped a valve seat into the piston.

The fuel could very well be the problem. Suggest you mix with recently produced fuel and run a tank through the motor. If it persists your problem is probably with injector seals that was not used for a year ..... even if new seals were fitted they could be damaged from the lack of lubrication.

Regards

Wikus