Valve spring compressor

bushwhacker

Hi

I am looking to get a valve spring compressror to do the valves on my Disco 1 200tdi what size should I go for. I have measured about 120mm the valve length so would it need to be 150mm length closing to about 80/90mm.

Are all Land Rover valves about this sort of length? :rolleyes:

Thanks

There are several types of compressor and not all of them will do any old head. They are all, however, adjustable to allow for various sizes of valve.

Three compressors I have -

Freelander for example - quite recessed valve tops.

post-2-1226741375_thumb.jpg

200/300TDi with valve tops level with the rocker cover face

post-2-1226741386_thumb.jpg

2.25 Pet/D, 2.5 N/A & T/D heads with raised valve tops (above the rocker cover face)

post-2-1226741397_thumb.jpg

2nd one is best for you, although the first can be used as well, but it's more complex/expensive.

post-2-1226741609_thumb.jpg

post-2-1226741624_thumb.jpg

Les.

Well there you go. Every day a school day. I have the 1 in pic 2. Purchased it many yrs ago when a had a Sierra Sapphire :ph34r: . Bought with naivity, it had worn rings and drank oil for fun so I rebuilt it with some help from my bro in law. Never done any work on a car before and straight in with a rebuild. Learning curve was a bit steep that week :o