Disco chassis project

mel

Hi,

I've got a 200tdi Disco and a SIII 88" stn wagon which i was going to sell / break but am thinking that maybe they'd make a good hybrid ?

The other option would be to make a 100" Defender ala Mark Evans.

Realistically how difficult would it be to do either as i won't have the facilities of a full wk shop with lift etc, experts helping or a whole bunch of freebies for advertising ??

I've also got a SIII Lt Wt which i may sell as its a good one but would make the best conversion with the disco running gear.

Any tips or advice would be most welcome ?

Thank's,

Mark

Hi,

I've got a 200tdi Disco and a SIII 88" stn wagon which i was going to sell / break but am thinking that maybe they'd make a good hybrid ?

Realistically how difficult would it be to do either as i won't have the facilities of a full wk shop with lift etc, experts helping or a whole bunch of freebies for advertising ??

I've also got a SIII Lt Wt which i may sell as its a good one but would make the best conversion with the disco running gear.

Thank's,

Mark

Hi, not 100% sure but dont think the disco running gear is right width for the lt wt, the s111 would need major work on its chassis to accept coils, if I was doing this probably go disco chassis and running gear with s111 body, trouble is its still major project, best of luck either way.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thank's,

Mark

hi before you start you might want to check out the regs on rebuilding MOT'S are starting to check chassis numbers actually stamped on chassis and not just relying on VIN plates.the following is what D.V.L.A state.

Vehicles that have been rebuilt using a mix of new or used parts

In order to retain the original registration mark:

cars and car-derived vans must use:

The original unmodified chassis or unaltered bodyshell (i.e. body and chassis as one unit - monocoque); or a new chassis or monocoque bodyshell of the same specification as the original supported by evidence from the dealer or manufacturer (e.g. receipt).

And two other major components from the original vehicle - ie suspension (front & back); steering assembly; axles (both); transmission or engine.

If a second-hand chassis or monocoque bodyshell is used, the vehicle must pass a an enhanced single vehicle approval (ESVA) or single vehicle approval (SVA) test after which a "Q" prefix registration number will be allocated.