Auxilary Power Socket Relay

discobandit

On the Rave disc there is an auxilary power socket kit in the accesory section that i thought I could copy to run my portable fridge.

However, the relay has a connection numbered 88. Is this a misprint or will I need a special relay and if so where would I get one without paying LR prices.

Cheers in advance

Gary

Hi There,

Just been looking into my aux power system. For my disco it's used for the caravan sockets.

There is a double relay drivers side under the bonnet. Power in (red) on 87 and (Blue) on 87. outputs are both opposite on 67, and head off to the rear in a 3 wire cable, to the White tow socket.

The relays both have earth from the mounting screw on both 85 pins. The operate voltage comes in on a black to both 86 pins.

Mine was not working because of water ingress into the series fuses (Green & Blue wires) from the engine fuse box. Both were so corrodes no volts were getting through. Cleaned and working fine now.

There is another aux power supply that goes to the rear. This is a permanant supply, fed from fuse 6 in satellite box 2. This appears on the drivers side by the rear door hinges behind the fascia. One screw removes the panel and the rear door interior light illuminates the work space. Look for a wire Purple/Green as a single bullit connector with a red plastic blanking plug in it.

This is connector C425 meant for powering items in a trailer other than the standard trailer supplies. 20Amp fuse fitted in fuse box.