engineers had alook

MAB

Well the engineer has been and had a look at my td5 missfiring engine. got his box of tricks out link it up, guess what no faults at all reported or log :rolleyes: .lifted bonnet up removed covers tapped into fuel high pressure line with pressure gauge and said fuel pumps naff .Did a few more checks and said fuel pumps naff and then did a few more checks with his box of tricks manage to get it running alot better but said fuel pump is naff and wants replacing.Explained when first start up the pump prime the fuel rail up to pressure but cannot supply fuel at the correct rate so engine will start to hunt. see pretty sure of the fault.

so fuel pumps nackered by sounds of it.

he will return with the new part and fit it later in the week.

i will let everyone know if it cures the problem once fitted. will also post full symtoms on forum for future reference for all to browse.

keep me fingers crossed again knowing my luck. :P

Yes that sounds right, pump just about struggles to 4 bar at idle or with engine stopped, as soon as you gun it esp. up a long hill the pressure drops right back and it all goes tits up shortly afterwards. Not really sure what exactly fails but a new pump fixes it.