D2 V8 questions

steve_a

Had the Discovery 2 V8 (1999 model) for about 2 weeks now and have a few questions, since I haven't had a D2 or V8 before.

Dashboard noise:

with ignition at all on, but no engine there is a drrrrr noise from right side of dash, I suspect it is just normal, but thought I'd ask. I can't tell if it is still there engine running as it isn't *that* loud.

Weird noise:

This one has me stumped. Very, very regular, about every 12 seconds. Not engine speed related, doesn't seem related to steering, gearbox in park, neutral, reverse and drive. Seems to come from underside of car, perhaps midways. Grating type noise, duration of about 1/2 second.

Wondering if this one is the ACE pump, no air bags on this model, but I *think* the compressor is on the drivers side chassis rail?

Belt noise:

Seems to be a bit of a belt noise whine in the cabin, normal? Not squalling, just engine related revs drone. Not gearbox, as it can be replicated by bringing revs up, but not quite as noisy as when gears engaged.

Weee noise:

Seems to come when I accelerate away from the lights, comes from both drivers and passengers seats. Stops when I look at the fuel gauge. Any ideas? :)

The dashboard noise - how long does it last? Sounds like it could be the fuel pump/system priming itself, or the braking system bringing itself up to pressure...??

Can't help with the middle 2....

The last one... I used to get that in my Range Rover, it just never seemed to stop when I looked at the fuel guage!! Who cares!! The wife's hair cut is £60 every 4 weeks.......I used to make that roughly equal to one off-road event per month!!!

Dashboard noise:

I think it sounds like a relay, so it may be normal while it is waiting for the engine to start. I have left it going for a minute or more and didn't stop.

Timed the 12 second noise again today and it was still about 12 seconds.

Installed microcat and put in the VIN and it seems to think it is fitted with ACE (which I *think* it is, the pump is on the drivers chassis rail, and air suspension on the passenger side isn't it?).