Ignition

dedoo

Hi new here and I have some questions...

After talking Fridgefreezer on the MSEfi forum he advised me to come over here to read up and ask questions so here goes. ;)

I'm currently starting a project for a V8 rover 4.6ltr engine for a DAX Rush kitcar I'm going to build.

I read the articles from Nigel dean's rover V8 and he inspired me to go on and just do it.

I bought a reconditioned 4.6ltr short engine and am now looking at my options to build it further.

I'm quite new to rover engines and 4 stroke as a whole so I have some other questions about parts I need or what my options are.

I'm looking to build it distributor less and use Megasquirt for the ECU. I know MS can handle all options available but what is my best option here.

Use the Ford Edis 8 or build the engine using an injection system that can be found on the P38 / HSE engines? Will going that route be harder for like camshaft choice? Or are there a lot of choices as well. I know people just use the Ford Edis 8 and just remove the distributor but what do you think is the better choice?

The big problem is space under the bonnet so I'm looking for options for the induction as well. The plenum and hoses are a bit to high for the bonnet and it needs to be cut out if I use a regular plenum. I already saw some options on the ACT website for carbon plenums which look stunning.

Are these chambers hard to design? what kind of throttle bodies are used for this?

please advice

Kind regards,

Danny Heus