Roof Light Bars

disco_al

I dont think it makes agreat deal of differance if you have a high or low style one as either will get caught at some point :blink: It will make a differance as to what style light you use with them though, most go for the rectangular ones as they tend to be lower and because they are flat foilage will slide across them, i have round ones and have had no problems with them at all.

I think it is just personal choice ;)

Also dont forget that rrc/defender light bars will also fit the disco , i have a defender one on mine :rolleyes:

Not sure if you've committed to buy one or not Al, but if not then Greenlane 4x4 are worth a go, that's where i got my last Disco one from.

The lamps mounted below the bar so were reasonably were protected, for the sort of off-road i do anyhow.

Dont forget, You may need to knock up some sort of hoods for for new spotlights, I had to on mine as they illuminated the dash and bonnet only, and actually made it easier to drive with them off,

I might post a picture in a min, all i have to do if take 1 and figure out how to post it

Dan

Dont forget, You may need to knock up some sort of hoods for for new spotlights, I had to on mine as they illuminated the dash and bonnet only, and actually made it easier to drive with them off

On mine Dan, the spots sat tucked up against the bar and the base of the lamp was just behind the 'gutter line' (even though there isn't one!) so the roof stopped downward glare, and the lamps had those plastic mesh covers which have i guess a small 'hood' effect kind of like you alluded to. Mine were spot light lenses too, but i know a chap who had lots of glare and not much light because he had driving light lenses which had different pattern on the glass to mine.

On this Disco, when i get my lightbar, i'll be fitting the little oval spot lights which will hopefully tuck up out of the way in a similar manner. If they don't, i'll make the mounts for them to sit higher and run a protective bar over the top of them and a peak underneath to stop glare.