3 point seat belts for Centre Seat

Has anyone ever considered the possibility of fitting a 3 point seat belt system to the front centre seat in a 90?

I have been thinking about this as I will need to find some way of fitting a baby seat in about 6 months time :D

A friend was visiting at the weekend and they have an Audi S6, which has 3 point system on all seats, on the centre seat the belt comes out of the top of the seat and then has 2 buckles that clip in at each side (I have also seen this on other vehicles too.

So, What would be to stop me mounting a seatbelt reel on to the bulkhead and an extra buckle clip on the floor therefore having a three point system on the centre seat?

Surely the bulkhead would be as strong as the door pillars, where the original reels are mounted, and the extra buckle would be at the original seatbelt mounting point??

Or is there a flaw in my plan?

Has anyone ever considered the possibility of fitting a 3 point seat belt system to the front centre seat in a 90?

I have been thinking about this as I will need to find some way of fitting a baby seat in about 6 months time :D

A friend was visiting at the weekend and they have an Audi S6, which has 3 point system on all seats, on the centre seat the belt comes out of the top of the seat and then has 2 buckles that clip in at each side (I have also seen this on other vehicles too.

So, What would be to stop me mounting a seatbelt reel on to the bulkhead and an extra buckle clip on the floor therefore having a three point system on the centre seat?

Surely the bulkhead would be as strong as the door pillars, where the original reels are mounted, and the extra buckle would be at the original seatbelt mounting point??

Or is there a flaw in my plan?

Congratulations!

There may be a flaw.

A new born child has to be in a rearward facing seat. This means that even if you were able to fit the belts, You may have trouble changing gear. I suggest you borrow a seat for a trial fit first.

Regards,

Diff

Congratulations!

There may be a flaw.

A new born child has to be in a rearward facing seat. This means that even if you were able to fit the belts, You may have trouble changing gear. I suggest you borrow a seat for a trial fit first.

Regards,

Diff

Thanks Diff.

That flaw crossed my mind after I made the post. However, that aside, are there any other issues?

Greg