Water pump question

burn_e

Can the water pump in a Disco 1 loose its pumping capabilities partially?

Or is it just hopp or topp with these ones. Means it works great or not.

Why do I ask? Have the impression that the pumping performance is a bit down. I observed, that the little torrent/fontaine in the overflow canister has weakend.

Well could this also explain the slight higher temperatur reading at the gauge??

If anti-freeze hasn't been used all the time, then the pump vanes can corrode and this will reduce the efficiency of it. Your thermostat may not be fully opening, which will restrict flow, so I would change that first (or remove it to see if there's any difference).

Les.

thermostat is checked and working.

Removed today the serpentine belt and turned the waterpump pulley by hand...spinned easy - with no remarkable observations.

is the only way to check the condition of the pump to pull it out?

thermostat is checked and working.

Removed today the serpentine belt and turned the waterpump pulley by hand...spinned easy - with no remarkable observations.

is the only way to check the condition of the pump to pull it out?

if your going toreplace the pump i would also do the p gasket as thay are prone to leak when you distorb the pump as 2 of the bolts go into the block mine leaked anyway after i had put it back toghether.chris