LR radio, pin code needed

If it's the original radio I expect Land Rover to have the Security Code (as they have with my '95 38A).

They won't tell you directly, but your Dealer can access the information.

Nowadays you should expect to be charged for the information, but you might be fortunate, so try asking.

if your Dealer doesn't know you there will be a security issue for them to solve.

Alternatively, take the Radio out and write down all the numbers on the case. You really want the Serial Number, but it isn't always obvious, so take them all.

You might also find that someone else has written the 4 code PIN on the case.

Once you have the Serial Number there are lots of places online that will give you the code (based on the Serial Number), but you have to pay. I used Bubblegum years ago when they were free, then made sure I wrote the codes down. http://www.31bubblegum.proboards54.com/

http://carradiocodes4u.proboards100.com/index.cgi is another possibility.

Or you can put Radio Codes into Google and pass the rest of the day reading the PC screen.

It might help if you know who made the radio.

Good Luck.

Hi,

I've got a 2004 Td5 Defender with original LR radio, it's now asking for a 4 digit pin code but unfortunately I do not have. Any idea how to get the right code for the radio?

Cheers

Marco

Hello

I have a radio decode package that has worked for everything I've tried it on.

If you would like to email me the radio make, type, serial no's I could give it a

whirl for you.

My email is Briarston@hotmail.co.uk

If you ring a LR Main Dealer that has worked on the car before (and therefore has it on their computer records), and can give them the VIN, they will give you the code over the phone.

I was sceptical but read this advice on a forum and needed my code so tried it and after a 3 minute phone call, I had it with no charge.

Not great security though?

Simon

Hello

I have a radio decode package that has worked for everything I've tried it on.

If you would like to email me the radio make, type, serial no's I could give it a

whirl for you.

My email is Briarston@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks, send you an email :-)

Cheers,

Marco

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Briarston and Land Rover Upington (SA)! They both supplied me with the same code. Stupid me did enter 10 wrong codes which did lock the radio completely! Upington LR did unlock it for me.

Here a picture of the Tongasabi 110 in action, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park SA. More images will be published soon on my blog :-)

post-2702-1232194547_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Marco