305`s

treewizard

Got 33's on mine (M plate)

All the the mods are done myself:

+2" springs, +1" spring seats, dislocation cones, removed anti-roll bars, +5" brake lines, arches cut back & flexy arches fitted

I get full suspension compression with no fouling at all

post-13908-1230983797_thumb.jpgpost-13908-1230983752_thumb.jpg

Got 33's on mine (M plate)

All the the mods are done myself:

+2" springs, +1" spring seats, dislocation cones, removed anti-roll bars, +5" brake lines, arches cut back & flexy arches fitted

I get full suspension compression with no fouling at all

post-13908-1230983797_thumb.jpgpost-13908-1230983752_thumb.jpg

cheers, that looks good!

where abouts did you cut the arches, had a look at the back doors wouldnt know where to cut those as would leave a hole in between the door skins.

also noticed today that i have a cushdrive would i need to remove this before doing a suspension lift??

cheers for you help guys

darryl

When you buy the wheel arch kit, it gives you intructions on how to cut them.

I did mine with an angle grinder & metal jig saw, but if you can get them cut with a plasma cutter, would be neater

The gap between the skins can be easily filled with black silicon.............keeps them water tight!

Cush drives can stay

Nick

When you buy the wheel arch kit, it gives you intructions on how to cut them.

I did mine with an angle grinder & metal jig saw, but if you can get them cut with a plasma cutter, would be neater

The gap between the skins can be easily filled with black silicon.............keeps them water tight!

Cush drives can stay

Nick

cheers nick, youve been a great help

thanks again darryl

• 5 weeks later...

Blatant thread hijack, so apologies in advance;

My gratuitous use of the search button has yielded info (on a RRC) that 33" tyres will go on with only +1" suspension as long as the arches are cut.

This seems like a squeal for me, because as i reckon it will be a bucket load cheaper to buy 1" springs and shocks and then some 50mm arches rather than big suspension and body lift mods.

Now, i appreciate different breeds vary in size, but my lowly calculations suggest that a standard Disco wheel & tyre is 29.4 inches tall and my chosen beast of 265/75 tyre is a sniff over 32 inches tall.

Now, work with me on this because i'm not only trying to get all this straight in my head but also to see if it'll work or not;

If the arches were chopped it would preclude any tendancy of the outer edge of the tyre to rub, as in the CNC diagram shown on one of the other threads.

If the 265/75 was used on a standard alloy, the offset would mean the inner face is in the same place thus avoiding contacting the chassis or other inboard bits. After all, the 265 is only 30mm wider than the factory fit 235/70.

If the 33" doesn't cause any significant lock-stop problems then my choice of the 265/75 should be even easier as it's an inch shorter?

What do you think, or have i gone completely potty?

Again, apologies for the thread hijack.