Ipod in a P38 HSE

jules

My wife's HSE had got a standard Hardon Kardon system amps and subs etc.

She wants to connect her Ipod touch to the stereo but we don't want to use the radio link as there a bit kak.

The original stereo has a shot screen so I was planning to replace it with a Sony I have spare which has a MP3/ aux link.

I know that the steering controls will no longer work not that they do at the moment

:lol:

Is there a way that I can get the stereo to run the original amps the car already has

My wife's HSE had got a standard Hardon Kardon system amps and subs etc.

She wants to connect her Ipod touch to the stereo but we don't want to use the radio link as there a bit kak.

The original stereo has a shot screen so I was planning to replace it with a Sony I have spare which has a MP3/ aux link.

I know that the steering controls will no longer work not that they do at the moment

:lol:

Is there a way that I can get the stereo to run the original amps the car already has

You can get teh original HK stereo repaired and modified to connect the Ipod. See here for someone that got it done.

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f10/info-onl...pair-69008.html

post-8434-1231330031_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have fitted the above Harmon Cardon Ipod Dock which takes over the functions of the Ipod "Jogger/clicker" and uses it's own display and controller.

I uses the aux connections or the FM radio which can be tuned to a quiet spot on the dial.

Advantage is the Ipod sits in the glove box, it powers up when you start up, remembers the last track played, displays the track details on the screen. It also charges the ipod when it is plugged in.

There is one on Ebay now currently £21 unused boxed. I paid about £45 for mine.