quick confirmation on alrams

titan

i was told to day by my cousine that the disco 1 i have has a disco 2 alarm (the light blink 3 times when locked with the fob and sensers above the rear view mirror) but there is no audioble noise from it i lock my self in and tryed the door the light all flashed but no noise so is it an alarm that is nacked not wired properly where can i find then siren and is it easyer to repair ???

my new one has this alarm but the rear passenger door does not lock with the fob and when i open the door the siren goes off.... perhaps yours is faulty... i think they all have some kind of fault with them and if you mess with them the immobiliser kicks in and renders your car useless until you bypass it!!! never known one to work as it was meant!!

my new one has this alarm but the rear passenger door does not lock with the fob and when i open the door the siren goes off.... perhaps yours is faulty... i think they all have some kind of fault with them and if you mess with them the immobiliser kicks in and renders your car useless until you bypass it!!! never known one to work as it was meant!!

:lol: was told about the immobiliser now how do i stand on declaring this on my insurence because theroectcly it is working :unsure: just not very loud :ph34r: so i could declair it (havnt because i didnt no it had one ;) ) or would i be better handing it to landrover and get them to sort it ??

i have declared mine.... kinda works!! if it were to get robbed though... different story!! its a risk you take!! where i live it is a regular thing to find some young scally wags in my lannys of a night trying to rob them so as long as it makes a noise when they open the door i am happy... thats how i managed to catch the last 1!! he wont be back in a hurry!! if i was in your situation i would get it mended or get even a cheap sparkrite one (argos.. about £25 i think) that wires up to your interior light just becase past experience says if they hear a noise they run away!!

i was told to day by my cousine that the disco 1 i have has a disco 2 alarm (the light blink 3 times when locked with the fob and sensers above the rear view mirror) but there is no audioble noise from it i lock my self in and tryed the door the light all flashed but no noise so is it an alarm that is nacked not wired properly where can i find then siren and is it easyer to repair ???

Based on the standard two button fob system you are partly right, the indictors flash three time when locking but the signal is picked by the alarn ecu located behind the glovebox.

There's no sound when locking/unlocking from the alarm only on activation, depending on your model of disco you it will have a self-contained battery back-up sounder mounted on the o/s inner wing by the engine fuse box but on some models the horn is used for the alarm.

The immobiliser is passive so sets it's self after a time delay, you re-mobilise by having the fob near the ignition switch.

So check that your alarm sounder is still connected by it's multi pin plug, if find its faulty it needs to be replaced AMR4979 is the part no.

many thanks all it seems it is probley one of the wires ill get it sorted not to bad round here for people nicking cars of any sort as im on MOD estate and the police patrol the place every 15-20mins a job for the future i think