Trouble getting into 1st & 2nd

Following fitting my new clutch and gearbox 1st and 2nd are a pig to get into, it is tough to find them and then require a very firm push to get them to go in. All the other gears have loosened up a little over the last week.

With the engine off they go in better and speed matching the engine going down the box also makes for an easier change with all other gears being fine.

I adjusted the lever springs so 3rd and 4th just glide in and out with the stick at rest in the center

I am thinking that I may need to rebleed the clutch as I feel it may not be releasing fully and dragging slightly making me fight the syncro which needs more force to match the resistance of the dragging clutch to allow the dog clutch to engage. The other reason I think this is because on my old e36 M3 the clutch hose used to heat up with the engine and expand causing the clutch to drag when fully depressed making 1st awful to get into and it felt very similar to this.

The last thing I want to do is bend a selector fork or damage the syncro, and being able to pull away without losing second and looking like a learner would also be nice :lol:

Does this sound like a likely cause or is ther something else I am missing?

Oh and do all the slave cylinders have the bleed valve above the input line making getting a spanner on it impossible, as it seems my open bleed nipple with a socket screwdriver and push piston back in squirting fluid all over the floor and quickly shutting the bleed nipple method of bleeding following the piston creeping out was almost but not fully successful :lol: I assume I can loosen the union and just spin the slave over to have the valve at the bottom?

Cheers chaps