TD5 warning lights came on

Mean Green

My wife was using my Discovery this morning and phoned to say that as she was driving along the ABS, TC and "wee land Rover on a Hill" warning lights came on.

She stopped, switched engine off then back on and lights remain on.

She had no choice but to continue her journey and says that it was driving normally.

I need help to diagnose the problem...

• 3 months later...
My wife was using my Discovery this morning and phoned to say that as she was driving along the ABS, TC and "wee land Rover on a Hill" warning lights came on.

She stopped, switched engine off then back on and lights remain on.

She had no choice but to continue her journey and says that it was driving normally.

I need help to diagnose the problem...

yep had the same problem, i was far from home bank holiday i ended up coming back on a low loader, took it to my landy dealer took 10 mins and £60 and it never happened again, they plugged in there laptop and hey presto sorted. hope this helps :D

When the three Amigos light up, it's typically due to the SLABS computer not getting a "clean" signal from one of the four wheel speed sensors, aka ABS speed sensors.

This can happen if you have brake squeal - brake squeal which can occur from the use of 3rd party brake pads or rotors will interfere with the signals and can cause the Christmas tree light effect on your instruments.

If you take your vehicle to a dealer with a Testbook they can tell you which ABS wheel sensor is the problem and clear the code. If the problem reappears and it's the same wheel sensor, then it's time to get the sensor replaced. In the early days, this meant replacing the entire wheel bearing hub assembly, but thankfully LR have changed their ways and now you can just replace the sensor without replacing a perfectly good wheel bearing hub.

The other reason why the three Amigos appear is if the shuttle valve in your ABS modulator unit fails.

You should always "exercise" your Hill Descent Control to keep the shuttle valve in your ABS modulator from failing.

Use it, or lose it, as they say.

• 2 weeks later...

This has just happened to me this morning going to work. I have done 20 miles and it seems to drive OK. The problem is that we are going away with the caravan next week. Do you think it will be ok to use like this as I will not get time to get it checked out?

Cheers Stu.