RR 3.5EFI auto

lrfarmer

this is a friends range rover c reg 3.5EFI with auto box

starts fine, runs fine for a time then it seems to start to dye if you try to keep it running with the throtte it stops and wont start, but if you leave the throtte and let it dye most of the time it will restart

this is a off roader so has very little value and so dosen't want to spend much

any help would be grate and i'm not good with petrols.

Could be a whole host of things but the most common will be to replace both the temperature sensors on the front right hand corner of the inlet manifold. I think it is normally the inner one but seeing as you pretty much have to take the outer one out in order to access the inner one you may as well replace both.

Steve

Outer one is the thermotime switch and can be disconnected along with the 9th injector on the side of the plenum that it controls, they only really do anything in mega-freezing conditions and they run fine without them.

After that, the coolant sensor behind it is #1 suspect, after that I'd strongly suggest working methodically through the Flapper EFI fault finding guide in the tech archive.