fuel injection on TD5's how to set up when changing head gaskets?

Minirotty

I changed a head gasket on my cousins TD5 a while ago but had to be set up on the fuel injection

this was after he drove it away and completed 100 miles he had a flat spot tuck it to a garage and they stated I should of had the fueling rempped

is this the case all the time? is there a way of doing this your self with out paying for it to be mapped at a garage etc lap top and programmes?

heres the one I rebuilt

DSC00005-3.jpg

DSC00002-4.jpg

Thanks in advance, Kev.

Never heard of such a thing needing to be done. It needs to go on a computer if you change any of the injectors (or put them back in the wrong holes :) ) but that would be all I think.

Boggy is quite right. Unless you moved the injectors, or replaced one, there is absolutley no need to remap or mess with the injection in any way. If you have only changed the head gasket, then of course you would not have disturbed the injectors. If the garage tells you otherwise, they are pulling your pud. The only thing you would need to do is bleed it, which the system does itself. To force it to self bleed, press the accelerator 5 times(with ignition on of course).

You did take care not to damage the injectors though while the head was off, and blanked off the fuel connections? The TD5, like all modern diesels, requires high levels of cleanliness.