VDO oil temperature sensor

I managed to get the oil pressure sensor in using the banjo and extender as per western's very helpful drawing. Hope tight enough but will need to check after a run when pressure is up a bit. Swine getting at it mind you!

I am nervous about the oil temperature sensor though. The only bolt I could see anywhere near the bolt on the drawing was a muckle great thing about a 22mm socket facing forward between two bits that hold the fuel pump to the engine block. My concern is that the sensor is only an M10 whereas if a normal 22mm hex head then the hole is likely to be much bigger than 10mm.

I could not see anything else in the area despite peering at it from all angles with a decent torch. I can go out and get pictures if it would help.

Is this the right place or do I need to look further, or have I got an "odd" one??

Thanks

Malcy

post-3029-1232299829_thumb.jpg

The only bolt I could see anywhere near the bolt on the drawing was a muckle great thing about a 22mm socket facing forward between two bits that hold the fuel pump to the engine block.

You found the correct location, as a alternative, you could remove the blanking plug & drill/tap it to suit the VDO sender.

I don't know the thread form/pitch of the hole, I didn't bother measuring it as I had the LR sender to fit it, all those hand drawn parts are also used on the old 2.5TD diesel engines, that's where I found the numbers for them & as the oil filter head is common to both engines it was a easy choice & fit.