disc alarm

lenny the lanny

hi the main battery 1996 disco the green box under the glove box is flashing away

This is a bit of a non technical approach to the problem and worked for me when my alarm went nuts and then imobilised the car in the middle of know where :o

Ok, so . Firstly I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected for a few hours. When I came back to the car I got a friend to sit in the drivers seat holding the ignition key in the start position I then proceded to connect the battery as they were sitting there. + connected first and as soon as I touched touched the negative the engine attempted to start as I jumped up like a s**ting dog :blink: .

Anyway..just connected the battery as usual then and it all worked again fine - not done it since in couple of years.

HTH

DaveJ

Before you start blaming the alarm for draining the battery make sure its not the alternator thats the culprit,easy way is fully charge battery disconect the alternator and see what happens, if it stays full alt is your prob if not then it may be the alarm, how long does it take to flatten the battery, have you had the battery checked,this cold weather kills alot of them,