Discovery 1 300 tdi exhaust

Boro

Noticed this morning that the rear exhaust on my 1995 300 tdi disco was hanging on the floor, had to happen on a friday <_< phoned around locally and the landrover dealer is only a few quid more than the factors, two choices of exhaust though, one for vehicles with a cat and one for vehicles without, mine did have a cat but this was replaced with a decat downpipe, does anyone know what the difference is in the rest of the exhaust between cat and non cat? i had assumed that i should go for the exhaust for vehicles with cat (as it originally had one) unless the cat free exhaust is different to maintain the same back pressure? also as this exhaust is a 1 piece is it going to be a pain to fit? cant get a 2 piece locally so would have to mail order it and with the snow who knows when it would be here

Noticed this morning that the rear exhaust on my 1995 300 tdi disco was hanging on the floor, had to happen on a friday <_< phoned around locally and the landrover dealer is only a few quid more than the factors, two choices of exhaust though, one for vehicles with a cat and one for vehicles without, mine did have a cat but this was replaced with a decat downpipe, does anyone know what the difference is in the rest of the exhaust between cat and non cat? i had assumed that i should go for the exhaust for vehicles with cat (as it originally had one) unless the cat free exhaust is different to maintain the same back pressure? also as this exhaust is a 1 piece is it going to be a pain to fit? cant get a 2 piece locally so would have to mail order it and with the snow who knows when it would be here

The only difference between a cat rear section and a non-cat rear section on a 300tdi is the length of the pipe on the front of the middle silencer box. The non -cat front pipe you fitted will be the same length as a cat front pipe therefore you need a cat rear section to go with it. ie the short front pipe one.

You have to lift the suspension fully to get a one piece exhaust in over the rear axle but with a bit of

persuasion it can be done. I'd be inclined to cut the old exhaust rather than try and get it out in one piece.

If you have access to a hoist it's easy.

Hope this helps

The only difference between a cat rear section and a non-cat rear section on a 300tdi is the length of the pipe on the front of the middle silencer box. The non -cat front pipe you fitted will be the same length as a cat front pipe therefore you need a cat rear section to go with it. ie the short front pipe one.

You have to lift the suspension fully to get a one piece exhaust in over the rear axle but with a bit of

persuasion it can be done. I'd be inclined to cut the old exhaust rather than try and get it out in one piece.

If you have access to a hoist it's easy.

Hope this helps

Changed my exhaust the other day, jack up rear near side and remove wheel, little jiggery and exhaust will go over axle....

Angle grinder is yer best mate for old exhausts..

Tracked one down locally, two piece bosal system for a little under £90, anyway its fitted now, will leave it until tomorrow until i fire it up so the exhaust paste has a chance to set, i know in theory you can fire them up fairly soon and that the heat helps cure the paste but i have had a couple of occasions where the pressure ends up blowing through the paste