Steering swivel top pin is tight

I'm rebuilding my steering swivels. On the left side I have no thrust washer, which explains the wobble I had before I removed the top pin shims on that side a few month ago. Can anyone give me specs on the thrust washer? Tomorow is Sunday so nothing around here will be open for me to buy parts. I've got plenty of stuff I could use to substitute for a thrust washer. I suspect that any steel washer of suitable diameter and of a thickness matching the top pin shim would be suitable. Also, on the right side the top pin was SUPER tight going into the railko bush. I instaled the bush as the manual says, with the machined face inboard. I also greased the bush with a bit of the one-shot before attempting to install the pin. It's gonna take a hammer to get the pin in, but I don't want to do that if it's not normal.

The fibre thrust washer is 28mm in dia, 3mm thick, and has a 5mm dia hole through the centre of it. It's quite common for the swivel pin to have to be tapped in, but it shouldn't be as tight as you describe. Sometimes the ip of the railko bush gets damaged in the fitting process (people bash them in with a hammer). Careful use of some wet/dry paper usually sorts the problem out.

Les.

The fibre thrust washer is 28mm in dia, 3mm thick, and has a 5mm dia hole through the centre of it. It's quite common for the swivel pin to have to be tapped in, but it shouldn't be as tight as you describe. Sometimes the ip of the railko bush gets damaged in the fitting process (people bash them in with a hammer). Careful use of some wet/dry paper usually sorts the problem out.

Les.

Thanks. In the absence of a thrust washer do you think a piece of teflon cut to fit would be suitable for a short period of time?