Newbie requires help !!

rdw

Hi there !

I have a 2003 TD5 Auto. Owned it for a month and Im a suprised at how much I am spending on it !

At present I have a problems with :-

1. Drivers' seat doesn't heat

2. Drivers' mirror doesn't automatically adjust

3. Passenger door won't open with the fob. It will lock.

4. However, what's causing me most concern at the minute is a leak, quite substantial, has started today at the rear. It is comming from above the fuel tank on the nearside. When I turn the engine on, it floods out and slows to a drip when the engine is off. It's not fuel. It's not brake fluid. I am thinking it may be suspension hydraulics I am sure I have isolated the leak to the point above the tank. Surely there would not be a joint there ? Has anybody experienced similar problems ?

That said, can somebody tell me where the suspension, hydraulic fluid reservoir is ? It may give a clue (by the lack of fluid) - I am seriously starting to wonder about Discovery ownership !

Thak you, in advance for any assistance you can give.

RDW

Turns out I was completely wrong !

It was fuel. A fuel line had split. This was originally a recall issue and my fuel line was replaced on the recall by Barretts in Canterbury. The replacement has now split, but it gets worse. The fuel pump was working overtime spraying diesel all over my driveway to such an extent that it burnt out.

The upshot is this, 1. Fuel lines £61.00 2. Pump £200 3. Rear windscreen wiper £6 4. Labour £135

Of course Barretts say its a Land Rover problem, not theirs, we shall see..

RDW

• 2 weeks later...
Turns out I was completely wrong !

It was fuel. A fuel line had split. This was originally a recall issue and my fuel line was replaced on the recall by Barretts in Canterbury. The replacement has now split, but it gets worse. The fuel pump was working overtime spraying diesel all over my driveway to such an extent that it burnt out.

The upshot is this, 1. Fuel lines £61.00 2. Pump £200 3. Rear windscreen wiper £6 4. Labour £135

Of course Barretts say its a Land Rover problem, not theirs, we shall see..

RDW

Yes fuel lines were a recall issue, but should have been fitted with extra "nylon" shielding.

Fuel pumps - Disco 2's seem to like these for some reason. I bit the bullet and cut a slot in rear carpet - reduces a 2 hour job to about 15mins.

An Update..

Land Rover have replied to my request for a refund of my costs so far - it was a recall issue after all.

They are sorry I have been inconvienienced, but the replaced fuel line is quality assurred and advise me to contact the garage who undertook the recall work.

The fuel pump has not burnt out as a result of the leak - It's just an amazing coincidence.

The passenger door has started working...

and today, white van man took the o/s wing mirror off !

RDW

cant really see that LR are responsible for a 6 yo vehicle with unknown history, anything could have happened to the fuel lines since they were fitted

the fuel pump was due to expire any time now, if you'd stopped driving it (running it) when the fault occurred it may be still working, are you sure its gone and the garage haven't just decided to charge you for one,

How could you not know it was diesel

hope youve not been on the road, there are prob some very annoyed bikers who want a word with you

are you blaming LR for the mirror as well