Discovery 1 200tdi speaker questions

Mr Alford

I have a disco 200tdi, my front left hand speaker has blown and its the only 2 speakers i have left in the car so id like to put some half decent ones in, has anyone uprated these or fitted something custom and different, also i have no rear interior so..........has anyone done any speaker mounts or anything similar?

before anyone says anything no not a chav! The new prodigy album just came out and makes me miss having a normal car and a nice sound system and i wish to emmbelish those horrible thoughts that a car might actually be good

Hi

In my 300tdi I have put kenwood speakers all round although these probably are not the best speakers in the world they certainly do sound good and are great value for money.

I feel if you are going to have only 2 speakers in the vehicle standard 4" size speakers arnt going to give enough bass kick and In my opinion you may be best to go for a 5.25" Pioneer.

Issue is I know the locations of the speakers in the 200tdi are different as I used to have one but I really can't remember if there is enough room to accomadate them in the front doors.

Im sure someone else would be able to throw more light on this for you or may even have a good suggestion of what speakers to go for.

The disco is quite a difficult vehicle to add a custom sound system as I have found out and even had to cut away the rear doors just to accomadate 4" speakers.

Regards

Michael

Hi

In my 300tdi I have put kenwood speakers all round although these probably are not the best speakers in the world they certainly do sound good and are great value for money.

I feel if you are going to have only 2 speakers in the vehicle standard 4" size speakers arnt going to give enough bass kick and In my opinion you may be best to go for a 5.25" Pioneer.

Issue is I know the locations of the speakers in the 200tdi are different as I used to have one but I really can't remember if there is enough room to accomadate them in the front doors.

Im sure someone else would be able to throw more light on this for you or may even have a good suggestion of what speakers to go for.

The disco is quite a difficult vehicle to add a custom sound system as I have found out and even had to cut away the rear doors just to accomadate 4" speakers.

Regards

Michael

dont need bass as ive fitted a small sub in the boot