My cake is over cooked - a little bit i forgot to tell

FOS1

Morning all. If you only knew what time i was messing around with my disco this morning !!! Daft o'clock !!! The immobilizer is playing at silly buggers. It started playing up about 4 weeks ago, so off i went and had 2 new battries fitted in the key fob. The key fob is a 1 button type. Its like a rocker switch. Thats fine, and the red light comes on as it should. The problem is with the immobilizer. When it first happened i had just jet washed it under the bonnet and the wheel archers. But i had left it running , so it was 'ok' untill i turned it of and locked it later. That was it......the key fob did nothing. If i unlocked the door with the key the alarm just went of. So it was left to stand for a few days then it worked fine, and i never thought any more about it. Then on Saturday i jet washed the wheel archers and it decided to do the same again. It would not unlock, or turn the alarm of with the key fob. The AA came out, after an hour, and he pressed the key fob and the bugger worked......made me look a right fool !! He did test the key fob and told me that it worked 'ok' but it was a little week. Then just last night i went through a big puddle and turned it of about 3 minutes later and locked it. Then at 04.30 this morning about to go to work, and guess what..........locked out of it. the key fob did nothing and the alarm went of when i opened the doors with the key. One good thing has come out of this.....i get a day off work. So i take it the alarm is somewhere behind the wing? But how do i turn the alarm of for good, and is it possible to turn it of but be able to still use the key fob to unlock the doors? Or is there an easer way around this?

I know i have gone on a bit about this but its now doing my 'cake' in. Thanks for any help - Paul @ Donny.

I guess it's a '93 or '94 Discovery. Edit: I later noticed it's an L reg ...

The alarm ecu is under the dash, somewhere near the steering column. Could be some water infiltrating around that area.

Before checking for water leaks remove the battery from the fob, keep the button on the fob pressed for 10 seconds, put the battery back in (preferably replace with a new one) - this is the correct procedure for replacing the battery and resetting the fob.