300 TDI heater probs

eargoblin

Hello,

The heater on my 95 300tdi disco isn't working, I have managed to trace the problem to there being no flow into the matrix pipe, this seems to be cured when i flush the sytem (through the pipe on the side of the stat housing) I then have a flow into the matrix and the heater gets warm, although as soon as i put the expansion tank cap on water stop flowing into the matrix and all i get is a slow trickle. Dose the whole system need bleeding and if so anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Should self bleed. Check the thin pipe from the top of the thermostat housing, the similar one from the rad and the t piece where they join is clear. Remove and blow through, also check the pipe from the t to the bottom of the expansion tank. With the expansion cap off, and engine revs at 2000rpm, you should see coolant from the latter pipe being squirted up to the underside of the top of the tank. Check also coolant level is correct when cold.