Suggestion for shocks with reseviors

I bought them through their online order system. Fortunately they were dispatched in 2 packages and paperwork value of each was inside the gst threshhold :) I bought 4 identical units to make it simpler if I want to get a spare later.

I like what Michele has done as far as performance for $ value. I nearly went that way (7100 billies) but with 14" travel myself.

I'll be sticking with 10".

It's all I need with a daily driver/work truck.

I do need to re-do something with the rear soon, the low speed rebound I have is diabolical and the shocks I'm using just aren't worth playing around with any further.

I still have this want to use a 60mm piston-7/8" shaft shock so I can prove some theories with bump valving from long ago, but it'll never happen, so the 7100's would suit me well, and when I get really lazy I'd just send them off to Gary Baker in Melbourne to be re-valved. He is very, very good.

I just have horrible memories of 14mm Billie shafts bending under the side loads imposed by coil-over shocks from long ago. (I know it shouldn't happen with a smooth body damper)

Stiction anyone :lol:

<edit> I'd seriously consider using Seals-It seals on the spherical bearings too. I've never used them, but the speedway blokes I used to know did and reckoned they worked well.

Looking good Michele.
I like what Michele has done as far as performance for $ value

Thanks gentlemen, glad to hear your positive comments :i-m_so_happy:

I went out for a couple of test spins during the weekend and the first impression is the ride is firmer without being as stiff as a rolling stone, the old girl feels more stable but yet comfortable at the same time.

Finally I got rid of those bulky prototype adjustable turrets, I found out the right one was rubbing the coolant reservoir a tad,

luckily never had a leak...

Disco II turrets are much more elegant yet inexpensive and give that factory/sleeper look I'm after... :ph34r:

I'll be sticking with 10".

Yeah, I know 12" travel can be stuffed too but 10" are just perfect with no need of ultra-tall, ridiculous bumpstops.

Remote res are maximum PITA to fit though!!!

But I found the way.

^_^

Thanks gentlemen, glad to hear your positive comments :i-m_so_happy:

I went out for a couple of test spins during the weekend and the first impression is the ride is firmer without being as stiff as a rolling stone, the old girl feels more stable but yet comfortable at the same time.

Finally I got rid of those bulky prototype adjustable turrets, I found out the right one was rubbing the coolant reservoir a tad,

luckily never had a leak...

Disco II turrets are much more elegant yet inexpensive and give that factory/sleeper look I'm after... :ph34r:

Yeah, I know 12" travel can be stuffed too but 10" are just perfect with no need of ultra-tall, ridiculous bumpstops.

Remote res are maximum PITA to fit though!!!

But I found the way.

^_^

HI Michele,

I love The Cube :wub:

I've wondered too whether I could use the travel of a 12" damper with a 'standard' front end.

I can max out the 10" dampers (just), I'm still running stock bump stops and the 17" springs just start to unseat, but I think I'd have to do some work to get more travel and I just couldn't be bothered.

Or I could just undo the shocks and 'borrow' a customers fork tomorrow when I finish his job :lol:

The 10" SB Billies seem to be a good compromise to fit with minimal fabrication.

Oh blush!

:blush:

Well front axle articulated well with the old longer 5100s and Sam's bushes (front 4304 springs dislocate at the bottom)

but given the raised turrets and longer compressed lenght I'd be able to get the same articulation (minus a few mm)

lowering the mounting point with stock turrets again...

I can always order 12" the day I'll win the bingo eventually

:lol:

post-76-1237810846_thumb.jpg