tyre size

v84x4

hi could anyone tell me the maximum size of tyre i can fit on my mk1 disco standard wheels at the mo thinking of a lift kit plus new boots . im thinking max without lift and then lift it.ah done a search found a post thanks all...........

without a lift i think its 235/75/16.. might need to trim the arches depending on how good your springs and shocks are

with a 2"lift.. 265/75/16 are a popular choice and are 60mm wider than the standard poo..

i have a 5" lift and am keeping my eyes peeled for some 35/12.50/15 on 10" wide rims!! (currently on 31s..i think they are too small)!

hi could anyone tell me the maximum size of tyre i can fit on my mk1 disco standard wheels at the mo thinking of a lift kit plus new boots . im thinking max without lift and then lift it.ah done a search found a post thanks all...........

Is it 3 or 5 door and what rims?

There are several answer depending on your stand point. If its just for looks and road use then you can go bigger, if its for serious off road work then you'll have more issues.

Stock steel Disco rims are ok, but after market ones have a better off set (makes them stick out furter), you need this in order to retain good steering lock and prevent too much rubbing on the radius arms.

Also are you after height or width or both?

With only little mods you can fit 31.10.50's on ok, they look good and chunky. Think these are about a 265 equiverlent.

If you are preparred to trim your arches and fit some aftermarket flares then you can get as big as 34" tyres on a stock ride height.