Throttle cable

mike4444244

Hi

done a search as I'm sure this must have been covered but I cant find anything,

I'm having a nightmare trying to adjust the throttle linkage on my series 3 2.25p (zenith carb) so was thinking about converting to a cable throttle rather than the rods and levers one. Has anyone done this and is there a relatively easy bolt on set of parts to use, I was thinking defender pedal assembley and make a bracket to fit the carb?

Ta

Mike

Hi

done a search as I'm sure this must have been covered but I cant find anything,

I'm having a nightmare trying to adjust the throttle linkage on my series 3 2.25p (zenith carb) so was thinking about converting to a cable throttle rather than the rods and levers one. Has anyone done this and is there a relatively easy bolt on set of parts to use, I was thinking defender pedal assembley and make a bracket to fit the carb?

Ta

Mike

Quite an easy job....

I make up one off throotle cables for kit / rally / track cars on an almost daily basis and even for a super, all singing all dancing one with bearings either end should the cable need to pull slightly off share they are only about £30 for one about 1 netre long.

I suggest you use one with locknut bulkjeads either end of the outer cable so you can fasten it through the footwell. Then have a clevis onto a little tab welded to the pedal ( or use a Defender pedal ) and a direct replacement ball joint thing to go onto the carb linkage. All you will have to make is a liyyle bracket to fasten the carb end of the outer cable to.

I think I am making this sound more complicated than it actually is. Give me a call if you need a cable making up with proper swaged on bulkheads and the appropriate ends

Many thanks

David

You can leave all the series linkage in place, and just make a bracket to act as anchorage for outer cable on bulkhead , and link cable to bell crank suitably positioned . I used V8 cable when I put V8 in 88, and same with 3.8 diesel in 109 . Not a difficult task at all .

I cant understand you having a prob with adj series linkage as its very versatile with all the adj points . or is it you are trying to reverse action at carb after fitting different type of carb . ?