Anti Chip Solution for Axles etc

gruntus

Chaps,

Following on with my project 90 I had the axle casings, radius arms and trailing arms shotblasted and primered a while ago.

I subsequently painted them all with a few coats of hammerite and was then informed that Hammerite chips easy and not best for use under the vehicle! :rolleyes:

So, before I rebush everything I was going to give all of the above a good coat of schutz or waxoyle to seal in the paint and remain soft enough to stay chip proof.

What are your recommendations for use?

I have no intention of going underseal as this tends to trap any moisture.

Real word ideas appreciated!

Cheers

G :)

Thanks Al, I hadn't thought about that but I dont fancy giving the glossy surface of the axles etc a key (being lazy I know :P ) I had ideas that somethiing "sticky" would be better.

I should have gone with enamel the ifrst time around!

Cheers

G

Use tractor chassis paint. It's a gloss enamel that drys really hard and has good resistance to oils etc. Just go to your local agg. engineering supplier and ask if they've got any on specail offer.

I've done my axles and suspension in Massey Furgusson grey and it has worked really well, wearing off the bottoms of the diffs and radius arms where they ride over the rocks, but otherwise still very intact, far better than hammerite.