Hardwiring Comeup Winch

Ok, i've been asked to help hardwire up a comeup winch...as its a DS9.5i...the lead has 6 wires

(red, white, black, green, yellow, blue)....from what I can ascertain the Red, White and Black wires are the ones that actually control the solenoid to turn the motor.

the other 3 (green, yellow, blue) seem to be part of a monitoring module, which i think works off the temperature of the winch....

when we go to hardwire...if we just concentrate on the red, white and black...will this be enough to control the winch from inside the cab?

Going by the diagram in the DS9.5i manual (I like manufacturers that put all the manuals online), then yes the red, white and balck wires are sufficent on their own. The temperature monitor (blue, green, yellow) appears to be seperate and don't actuall interact with the winch control circuit except to share a common positive wire.

Its probably worth hardwiring the motor temperature indicator though if you can while your at it, so the driver has some indication if the motors over heating.

thanks, i saw the circuit diagram on the web..but wanted to make sure!

turned out to be a very easy job....the hardest part was threading the trailer cable through the bulkhead on the nissan patrol....we even re-used the on,off,on momentary rocker for the power antenna...looks the business. he was chuffed.