Why are some part numbers in italics in Microcat?

I have just bought the wrong type of bulkhead vent seal, (although I must admit it wasn't my fault this time as I was advised that this was the one I needed).

Upon looking in Microcat I notice that there are 3 part numbers for this item, one of which is in italics and I want to know what this means.

The part numbers in question are:

post-4939-1239099441_thumb.png

I bought JAE000030, but as mine is an 89 One Ten, it is MUC4299 that I need.

thanks.

Either seal will fit any vehicle.

The old part is rubber and fits to the bulkhead (glue)

The new part is foam and fits to the vent (self adhesive backing)

Personal preference as to which you use. I think the old look better on the vehicle as it fills the exterior gap between bulkhead and vent, but I just built up a new bulk head for my '89 90 and used the new seals 'cos I had them laying about already!

numbers in italics have usually been superceded for some reason. if you choose the number in italics, and push ctrl+d, then it will give you the supercession chain.

You can also right click on the italic number, then click on "OSI Check" to get the new part number in a new window.