Bump Stops

I fitted new polyurethane bump stops a while back (the orange deflex extended ones). However I do not have a lift kit nor huge tyres and want to cut them down to the proper size which I forgot to measure before binning the remaining old ones I removed!! I think there 30mm higher than standard? Anyone know?

Cheers!

I fitted new polyurethane bump stops a while back (the orange deflex extended ones). However I do not have a lift kit nor huge tyres and want to cut them down to the proper size which I forgot to measure before binning the remaining old ones I removed!! I think there 30mm higher than standard? Anyone know?

Cheers!

Attached is a picture of a Standard one against a tape measure if that is any help.

I wouldn't mind swapping my standard pair for your extended if your interested but you would have to wait until I get the other one off which I doubt I will be able to do for at least another week.

Cheers,

Colin.

post-12380-1241204626_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Erm :huh:

So why did you fit them, all they will do is limit your rebound more than std ones ?

Dosco ones are even smaller than the main RR 90 ones and better too, as they have a nipple :moglite:

and this gives more than when hitting a block, std are fine for basic applications, so what / why did you buy

these over std stuff ?

Nige

Attached is a picture of a Standard one against a tape measure if that is any help.

I wouldn't mind swapping my standard pair for your extended if your interested but you would have to wait until I get the other one off which I doubt I will be able to do for at least another week.

Cheers,

Colin.

That picture is absolutely spot on! I would of swapped, however I have already cut them down im afraid ready for my next outing! Cheers for the pic though.

Erm :huh:

So why did you fit them, all they will do is limit your rebound more than std ones ?

Dosco ones are even smaller than the main RR 90 ones and better too, as they have a nipple :moglite:

and this gives more than when hitting a block, std are fine for basic applications, so what / why did you buy

these over std stuff ?

Nige

Well I brought them when I first got my first Defender. I thought at the time they would be better (because they were bigger), only after I got them I realised this was not the case! I fitted them anyway but after a far bit of off roading I you can see they have contacted the axle a far bit (although they cause no problems), I now just want to trim them down to the standard size.