Range Rover P38 DSE

manxrover

Hi all.

Can any one tell me if an alarm sensor ( above passenger door) from another Landrover

RR. HSE Disco etc will fit the DSE as they all seem to look the same, :angry: I have an alarm fault showing on the dash

and I have been told the alarm sensor is duff.

Regards

Brian

Hi all.

Can any one tell me if an alarm sensor ( above passenger door) from another Landrover

RR. HSE Disco etc will fit the DSE as they all seem to look the same, :angry: I have an alarm fault showing on the dash

and I have been told the alarm sensor is duff.

Regards

Brian

Not that I'm cynical regarding mechanics and 38A's, but the attachments will help you double check that actually need a new Volumetric Sensor, rather than just remaking an electrical connection.

I expect the unit would be standard across all variations of the 38A, but I don't know if the same unit was used on other Land Rovers. It was used, sometimes in different colours, in other Leyland / Rover cars of the era. Metro or it's replacement (Rover 100?) is one that comes to mind.

The part numbers are different, of course. I'd say that if it looks the same it probably is the same.

Having said that, look on eBay car parts section for part YWC103640. There happen to be two at the time of writing, with the 38A version ( 250402993779) being about 6 times the price of the 'other' version!! ( 390040309124).

I am pretty sure the LUM suffix relates to the colour.

Good Luck

Edit.

Well there you go, once you have a few part numbers and names to try, ... Google YWC102890 as an alternative and we find eBay 180353195281 which the advertiser says is from a '94 Discovery.

Hmmm, on second thoughts, '94 predates the introduction of the 38A (in any sensible numbers) so perhaps this Disco part IS different under the skin.

post-118-1241364277_thumb.png

post-118-1241364292_thumb.png