V8 oil filter

timmymac

i bought an oil filter for my v8 today it had a coopers Z1159 on it and my motor factors link it to whatever it is i have now the question is the new filter has some type of rubber over the small holes that surrond the big one ( the rubber is on the inside so its not a cover) and the old one didnt have this rubber, is the new one the right filter ?

they are the same dimensions and the seal is the same size and in the same place

cheers tim

If you have a look on Hengst's website it refers to a check valve to stop the filter emptying when the engine is not running.

Could this be the purpose of the rubber? http://www.hengst.de/conpresso/_rubric/ind...n_Oilfilters_EN If you look through their site you can access their on-line catalogue & check the number yourself. For RRC that filter is listed for the LSE 4.3 Vogue only & appears to be correct for MOST P38's but you MUST check yourself.

The site also allows you to cross reference other manufacturers numbers to bring up the Hengst equivalent.

BUT with something as crucial as an oil filter if you're not happy then get another one from another make.

Interesting that according to the Hengst site the V8 in the Disco is the filter you have, the RRC - except the 4.3 LSE - is shown as H17W02.

BUT if you enter Z1159 into the Hengst site Xref section it comes up with H24W03 which is the filter you have fitted.

The RR one they list is longer, all other dimensions being the same - I wonder what other differences there may be?

The FRAM filters number for RRC 3.5 & 3.9 is PH2821A and using their catalogue that is the number that comes up when you cross reference H24W03 which suggests that your filter is fine.

Can't find an online Coopers catalogue to xref Z1159