Mohair Question?

Hi there.

In the process of looking to replace my aging canvas tilt with a mohair one, I contacted exm@@r trim who (via e-mail) said they can't help me. So I'm looking for another company / person to make me one.

why exm@@r can't / won't help?

My 90 has a series 3 windscreen with all the series 3 type fixings because.......I prefer this to the standard 90 item...er well not really, it's all I had to fit at the time, so it's just stayed like this for years now and I don't really want to fit a 90 windscreen + soft top fixings...(it's an age thing).

I explained that the rear buck dimensions are 90, and everything forward of the standard military roll cage from behind the seats to windscreen are standard series 3 fixings / dimensions.

They claim the door tops would be incorrect??? so nope we can't help.

I know this is not true as I have a canvas soft top fitted which was altered in exactly the same way - 90 back and series 3 front, easy conversion no probs.

So any advise or contact details of a more helpful trim company would be much appreciated thanks.

Charles, let us know how it goes. I've got rag top 109 and 90 and screen aside (very different) from memory while the galv panels above the doors are similar in shape and dimension the hood is attached differently between series and defender (in fact I've even got two variants on the 90 but they can share the same tin work). Probably easiest to adapt the tin to take a later hood fitment that vice verca if it comes to that.

• 1 month later...
All wheel trim were great when i was sorting out my extended truck cab hood. Speak to Kim as he's the organ grinder there.

Gents thanks for the advice.

Kim at All wheel trim is very helpful, spoke to him today, said no problem with the mohair pattern I need just basically a shortened S111 109' dimension and it would be delivered mid May.

Jobs a good 'un.

Regards Charles