Heavy duty flasher unit

kingdong2

i wan't to replace my std flasher unit ( s11a ) for a heavy duty flasher unit the std flasher unit only has two wires on it and the h/d one has 4 connections on it and what i wan't to know is how do i wire up a h/d flasher unit on a s11a

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

i wan't to replace my std flasher unit ( s11a ) for a heavy duty flasher unit the std flasher unit only has two wires on it and the h/d one has 4 connections on it and what i wan't to know is how do i wire up a h/d flasher unit on a s11a

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

Your old one will be a bi-metallic one, so it only needs two connections. Your new one is electronic, so it needs an earth:

Ignition feed to flasher unit pin 49

Connect flasher relay pin 31 to earth (this will be the wire you haven't got - use a bit of 8 amp, plenty big enough, connected to a handy bit of bulkhead.

Connect flasher relay pin 49a to your switches.

If I remember right then the ignition feed will be white and the wire to 49a should be green and something.

Have fun!

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

Check out vehicle wiring products. They list wiring layouts for all their products and should correspond to your flasher. Loadsa other nice gear too.

I think there are uk and euroversions as well. I have two flashers in my lightweight. 1 4 pin for the indicators and 1 two pin for the emergency lights. (That probably why there are 6 pin versions!)

I couldnt get both to work on just the 4 pin.

Dont forget to fuse your flasher. I removed all fuses in my lightweight and the indicator was still working. Even with key removed didnt stop it!

HTH!

Check out vehicle wiring products. They list wiring layouts for all their products and should correspond to your flasher. Loadsa other nice gear too.

I think there are uk and euroversions as well. I have two flashers in my lightweight. 1 4 pin for the indicators and 1 two pin for the emergency lights. (That probably why there are 6 pin versions!)

I couldnt get both to work on just the 4 pin.

Dont forget to fuse your flasher. I removed all fuses in my lightweight and the indicator was still working. Even with key removed didnt stop it!

HTH!

Hey Monster, it want's to work without the key in the ignition, when (when indeed!) it does breakdown you want to be able to lock the vehicle and go for help leaving the hazards on. ;)

Cheers,

Lee

Hi guys

fitted my h/d flasher unit tonight after work when i opened the box that it came in there was a wiring diagram which said

1. terminal 31 goes to earth.

2. terminal C2 goes to trailer warning lamp ( not fitted )

3. terminal 49 goes to the power supply.

4. and terminal 49A goes to the indicator switch.

i have wired it as it says the O/S indicators work ok but the N/S flash very quick and only the rear indicator flashing and also with the indicators turned off and the ignition switched on the flasher unit has an intermitant ticking noise as though its trying to flash but the indicators don't flash when it does this is it something i have done or not done or is it a faulty flasher unit any ideas.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

Hi guys

fitted my h/d flasher unit tonight after work when i opened the box that it came in there was a wiring diagram which said

1. terminal 31 goes to earth.

2. terminal C2 goes to trailer warning lamp ( not fitted )

3. terminal 49 goes to the power supply.

4. and terminal 49A goes to the indicator switch.

i have wired it as it says the O/S indicators work ok but the N/S flash very quick and only the rear indicator flashing and also with the indicators turned off and the ignition switched on the flasher unit has an intermitant ticking noise as though its trying to flash but the indicators don't flash when it does this is it something i have done or not done or is it a faulty flasher unit any ideas.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

i forgot to say the indicators all worked fine before i swapped the flasher units.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.