Slightly OT: Autoreverse trailer brakes

JST

Ifor Trailer has newish pads in all 4 wheels. unloaded no problem with reversing etc. however when loaded up or reversing with any sort of incline one of the wheels locks up.

i have stripped it down and checked the shoes and they look to be positioned and setup the same as the other working wheel stations. there is plenty of material left on the shoes too. i have slacken off the tension on the particualr wheel but to not great benefit on the auto reverse front.

i must admit my knowledge on what i am looking at here though is very limited - hence comparing to the other wheel stations.

So what causes the shoes to not - auto reverse - anyone have any suggestions of what to check/look at/replace to get it to work.

not being able to reverse the trailer loaded up is getting annoying!

IMHO

I found the same as my drive is off a main road and a bit of a hill and the freelander could never back my trailer or caravan up the hill (or my current car trailer) the Disco' Defenders and Rangies I would always just select low for reversing anyway to save my clutch but the brakes would never properly release I have had them sevices and everything they still locked up and I just pushed it up the tarmac drive even when loaded.

I just assumed they are a bit hit and miss anyway there fine on the flat.

I sold my 14' Ifor about five years ago but my current car trailer and caravans do a similar thing but it much lighter so I don't notice it so much