Transfer box mount alignment

lansalot

Folks, any word on how to align the transfer box when I've replaced the mounts ?

The problem being, when the mounts broke, I lost any alignment - and so now I've fitted new ones (which are still not all tightened up), I'm wondering the best way to get some sort of alignment sorted out ? Perhaps a measurement from centre of prop at either end to chassis rail ?

I know there's adjustment on the mount brackets on the chassis rail (fore to aft), but how critical is it ? A bit of mis-alignment won't make the worst scenario in the world, presume the UJs will take up a certain amount of alignment anyway ? What's the best plan of attack here ?

Cheers

A

as the chassis part of the mounts has 3 holes/bolts to attach them, any slight misalignment won't do any harm, if it looks right by eye then it won't be too far from the correct position, when I replaced my TB recently, I just refitted it to the main gearbox & refitted the mounts & tightened all the bolts, hasn't given me any cause for concern.