Bike carriers and rear wipers

I have a bike carrier which is attached to the spare wheel. I don't use it very often but when I do I have a problem. The problem is that if the rear wiper starts up it jams and the motor stalls until I free the bike carrier. So, is there an easy way to temporarily disable the rear wiper via the fuse box? I have done the simple things like putting masking tape over the switch but being a TD4 auto it goes through reverse (which switches the rear wiper on) before getting from P to drive and if it's raining I don't always remember to stop in N and turn the wipers off before going into P.

Thanks

Unfortunately this is why most after market bike racks have in the small print "Not suitable for Freelander". :(

As far as I know there is no documented method of turning off the rear wiper when the car is is reverse and the front wipers are switched on. I initially got around this by trying to remember to turn off the wipers before selecting reverse, but I invariably forgot and on more that one occassion had to remove the rack to release the wiper. I finally decided to ditch the bike rack and get a proper one....

See here