back door won't open

hyperion

Tried to find a posting on this problem but no luck :(

I have a 1999 1.8 freelander.

I just found out that the back door won't open. Window comes down as usual but the door itself does not get a signal to open.

Tried the following.

-remove the battery power and reconnecting it. This results in the backdoor window automaticaly going down. Closed the window again (hoping to reset the 0 position) but no positive result.

I checked what happens. If I pull the door switch (door handle) I hear a relay switching inside the fuse compartment (CCU?), I found out that for about 0,5second the power comes on to the motor 12V/DC, but it quits and the motor is not driven.

Does anyone know an other way to open the back door so I can check it?

Tried to find a posting on this problem but no luck :(

I have a 1999 1.8 freelander.

I just found out that the back door won't open. Window comes down as usual but the door itself does not get a signal to open.

Tried the following.

-remove the battery power and reconnecting it. This results in the backdoor window automaticaly going down. Closed the window again (hoping to reset the 0 position) but no positive result.

I checked what happens. If I pull the door switch (door handle) I hear a relay switching inside the fuse compartment (CCU?), I found out that for about 0,5second the power comes on to the motor 12V/DC, but it quits and the motor is not driven.

Does anyone know an other way to open the back door so I can check it?

Hello, I have recently removed the tailgate door trim on my 5 door TD4 to check the lock motor. There are four screws under the door pocket on the rhs of door. Although I removed mine with the door open, it should be possible to remove the screws with the door closed. There are then 8 push on clips to release. Three each side and two at the base. The trim can the be pulled back from the bottom to free the clips and lifted off a further 5 clips along the top. The lock motor is behind the membrane. Pull the rod attached to the lock motor and door latch should release the lock. Hope this helps. Eric.