Defender a bar

Hi all ive got a 1988 90 its got one of those a bars on the front with a couple of landrover spot lights on it . I wanted to strip it off and put on the standard bumper on , how do you take the bar off it seems to be bolted to the bumper and chassis , I picked up a bumper from billing on saturday and was going to fit it asap and was just wondering the right way to tackle the job, I spapped one of the bumper fixing bolts off when I tried to remove it awhile back to , i suppose you can just change them for a standard m10,any thoughts will be appreciated,del

The A-bar will just be bolted with 3 bolts (on either end) to the bumper, and not connected to the chassis in any way, although it will be in-line and above the chassis rails.

You can access the nuts by putting your hand through the back of the bumper.

If you have an A bar on a vehicle with air-con, it will probably wrap around the bumper, so is even easier to remove.