Another Hevac Problem.

Reg

My P38 shows a chequebook symbol sometimes after 5 mins. when on cooling, always when on heating. If I leave the cabin on A/C,and the outside temperature is lower than cabin setting (as sometimes happens morning or evening) it shows the symbol, so I deduce it is somewhere in the heating side of the Climate control.

I also get blast of cold air both sides of footwell intermittently, so I guess I have problems with the drives to the flaps or the control sensor.

I am also getting a 1 second duration sound like a quiet horn hoot from somewhere in the system, happens every 5 to 10 mins, is this a stiff bearing on one of the flaps?

I have a Faultmate diagnostics system and a spare Valeo motor assy. but dont want to dig until I know what I'm letting myself in for, especially as the A/C is still functioning.

The A/C was recharged and fitted with a new condenser before I shipped the car to Cyprus.

Any help would be appreciated.