procomp shocks

hi guys...what happens if i fit my front es9000's upside down...(shaft with the axle) will they work normally? will this damage them?

i have the double shock mounts on the front and at full travel the outer shock touches with the spring. i thought that if i fit them upside down i solve the problem since the shaft end is much thinner then the body of the shock.

thanks

gil

hi guys...what happens if i fit my front es9000's upside down...(shaft with the axle) will they work normally? will this damage them?

i have the double shock mounts on the front and at full travel the outer shock touches with the spring. i thought that if i fit them upside down i solve the problem since the shaft end is much thinner then the body of the shock.

thanks

gil

No, they won't work properly upside down.......

David

thanks for the advice mates....by any chance do you know if a brand of shocks that will fit upside down and work normally?

gil

All 'emmulsion' type gas shocks rely on the body being at the bottom to keep the piston in the oil and out of the gas, otherwise you'll get a dead section in the travel with no damping - this is why procomp say don't mount upside down.

To mount shaft end at the axle you'll need oil shocks or remote resviour shocks.

OR, you could try rough country shock mounted normally as I think they've got a narrower body