dog guards

tealman

I think it may be down to whether or not the vehicle has the optional rear air conditioning fitted but not 100% certain. I've not seen a Td5 with rear a/c but certainly on the 300Tdi models one of the rear seats sticks out into the loadspace because of the location of the rear a/c unit which is where the seat normally is.

The other possibility may be that you can't fit a dog guard into a 7 seater, while it may be desirable, I'm not sure what the legal position is on caging your kids in the back!

There isn't one AFAIK

OK, just thought there might have been rules on putting people into a space with only one opening aperture in case of accident. Wouldn't like to be stuck in the back of one with a dog guard after a rear end shunt with the back door jammed shut and fuel dripping out of the tank....

• 5 months later...

can any one help we pick up your td5 tomorrow we need a dog guard but have been told that not all with fit ours as it a es model can any one throw any light on this pls, many thanks this is my first post help !!!!!!!

After looking on the net I found that dog cages for my TD5 ranged in price from circa £400 - > £1000.

Then I hit lucky when a friend pointed me in the direction of www.doghealth.co.uk – they were local in Norfolk so I went and checked out their largest double dog cage with removable divider – to my amazement it fits perfectly.

Price picked up £90 or delivered UK < £98, I can’t believe my luck.

I think it may be down to whether or not the vehicle has the optional rear air conditioning fitted but not 100% certain. I've not seen a Td5 with rear a/c but certainly on the 300Tdi models one of the rear seats sticks out into the loadspace because of the location of the rear a/c unit which is where the seat normally is.

The other possibility may be that you can't fit a dog guard into a 7 seater, while it may be desirable, I'm not sure what the legal position is on caging your kids in the back!

After looking on the net I found that dog cages for my TD5 ranged in price from circa £400 - > £1000.

Then I hit lucky when a friend pointed me in the direction of www.doghealth.co.uk – they were local in Norfolk so I went and checked out their largest double dog cage with removable divider – to my amazement it fits perfectly.

Price picked up £90 or delivered UK < £98, I can’t believe my luck.