vin number wrong?

matt barker

hi all

i vin query that has poped up whalst ordering stuff.... my discovery was origionally purchased from landrover on the 17/09/1992 by someone who has sufficient funds to do that kind of thing first service was also in 26/10/1992 @871 miles so probly not just delayed delivery.

but the vin is

salljgbf7ka0*****

which is 1993?

and there are some differances between 1992 and 1993 discos i think.

how has this happend (flux capacitor improperly adjusted?) and what should i do about ordering parts

any input greatly apprechiated

matt B

Model years always start early, how early depends on the year but a September build vehicle could easily have been a 93MY. KA is indeed 1993MY, order on that.

I have an early 300tdi and regularly have trouble ordering parts for it by VIN number. I think LR where just using what they had to hand at the time when building my car. Numerous parts are off a 200tdi and according to suppliers when checking against my VIN number simply should not be on my car. I've just learned to live with it and now know most of the wrong bits and double check when ordering others.