Electrickery

I have almost finished the replacement of the rotten bulkhead on my 1988 110 td but have been caught out by the indicators not working now I have the new bulkhead in. I left the wings on to make it easier to align the new bulkhead which seems to have worked ok but I cut the loom to the front light clusters on both sides as the wings were staying on. Now I have reconnected the loom where I cut it and everything is working except the indicators at the front and the back. Because it is both front and back that aren't working I think it isn't a bad connection where I cut and rejoined the loom at the front that's causing it. I was careful to label the connector blocks on the steering column when I disconnected them so they are plugged in to the right blocks.

How do I go about troubleshooting the indicator relay, and does anyone know which colour wires are for the indicators? Could it be a fuse that has blown?

I managed to work out that the wire to the starter solenoid had broken with a bit of advice from a couple of mates and a multimeter but I don't know where to start with this.

Yes, quite possibly a fuse. Also, the hazard switch is often a culprit of missing indicators. If you can't hear the flasher relay clicking & no warning light on the dash I'd start at fuses / hazard switch.

Good start ^^^

The indicators are green/white on the right and green/red on the left. The flasher unit wires are light green (power), light green/brown (to the column switch) and light green/purple (to the dash trailer light). Fuse 10 (indicators) and fuse 12 (hazards) would have to go for them to pack up totally.

You did re-connect all the earths (black) didn't you? :ph34r: