Helpful advice required please

neildon

hi all,

New boy on the forum so i'll try not to ask all the same old stuff, hope you dont mind helping out.

I have a 90 which started life as the 2.5 petrol, it is currently in a workshop being swapped to a diesel.

Now the problem I have is this.....

September 1st saw my MOT expire, at this point it was still a petrol engine, so do i....

1. Have it MOT'd as a diesel whilst waiting for the V5 to return

2. Swap all details on the V5 wait for it to return and then get it MOT'd

Also, will the tax be affected??

These are all things that required forethought, however.....they just escaped me at the time.

Hope someone can advise me

Many thanks

Neil.

with the age, tax will not be affected,as it will still be in the standard over 1400cc bracket, just the v5. get it sent off with the changes (not forgetting supporting evidence such as recipts for engine, and engineers report stating work has been carried out properly) then get it tested.

with the age, tax will not be affected,as it will still be in the standard over 1400cc bracket, just the v5. get it sent off with the changes (not forgetting supporting evidence such as recipts for engine, and engineers report stating work has been carried out properly) then get it tested.

thanks very much, as expected i think really

neil.